Kenya has some great shopping malls that will appeal to anyone and they are perfect for hanging out. Let’s take a look at some of these fabulous places.
1. Village Market, Nairobi: Located in Gigiri, Nairobi, Village Market is an exclusive shopping mall that is spread over an area of 20,000 square feet. Two Kenyan brothers started this market in 1995 which has 150 stores. Starting with tourists and ending with occasional visitors, the village market is a favorite destination for everyone. You get a wide range of options, from fashion accessories, electronic equipment, and African artifacts. One of the events that interests me is the traditional dance that takes place here. Starting with recreational facilities, food court, food stores, and some promotional events that take place throughout the year, this mall attracts visitors from all walks of life. Diplomats and expats love spending evenings and weekends at this mall.
2. West Gate Mall, Nairobi: Opened in 2007, West Gate Mall is one of the best shopping malls in Nairobi. Located in the Westlands, this mall suffered the worst terrorist attack in history in 2013, claiming a huge number of lives and completely wrecking the mall. Congratulations to the spirit of Kenyans, the mall once again raised its head held high in 2015. Be it branded accessories, restaurants, African artifacts, electrical appliances, food places or some area offices; you can find everything in the mall. It is a great place to hang out with friends. You will find traditional African attractions, artifacts and other memorabilia.
3. Two Rivers Mall, Nairobi: Opened in 2017 by President Uhuru Kenyatta, this mall is one of the newest in Kenya. At 11 acres, it is one of the largest shopping centers in sub-Saharan Africa. The mall proudly showcases world fashion leaders such as LC Waikiki, Swarovski, Carrefour and Zara. You can enjoy a cup of coffee at Attibassi or entertain yourself at Magic Planet.
4. Nakumatt Nyali, Mombasa: Located next to the Nyali Bridge, this shopping center is one of the largest in Mombasa. Open 24 hours a day, Nakumatt Nyali is a great attraction for visitors and residents alike. With several well-known brands, Nakumatt Nyali is a great place to hang out on the weekends. Nakumatt is a famous Kenyan supermarket chain that has three branches throughout East Africa that attract buyers of all profiles. You can stop here for a sumptuous lunch and then continue to your site watching the activity while in Mombasa.
5. Akamba Handicraft, Mombasa: If you like home decor, never miss a visit to Akamba Handicraft. Established in 1917, Mutisya Muge began selling his sculptures to men in the army. Today it has almost 100 workers and 2,800 active members. It has a fascinating collection of animal carvings, decorative carvings, masks and ornaments, human sculptures, functional carvings, and abstract art. The mind-blowing artwork will have a permanent place in your dining room to impress your guests.
6. Sarit Center, Nairobi: Sarit Center is one of the busiest shopping centers in the city. Located in the heart of Westlands, Nairobi, this shopping center will impress you with the list of national and international brands on display. The ongoing cultural show, exhibition and promotional events taking place here are the main draw for any visitor. If you like sweets, savory and Indian spices, your search ends here. A perfect place to spend weekends, Sarit Center is one of the most desired places to quench your shopping spree.
7. Diamond Plaza, Nairobi: Located in Nairobi, Diamond Plaza is a luxurious shopping complex that houses a 22-story building, six movie theaters, restaurants, and a coffee shop. Diamond Plaza is one of the largest and oldest shopping centers that every Kenyan knows along the boulevard of the international brands that it exhibits. The building’s unique plan, design, and architecture once took the media by storm. You will find several food courts, food stores, offices, and other recreational activities.
8. Diani Beach Shopping Center, Diani Beach: Located in Diani Beach, Mombasa, this is one of the famous shopping malls in Kenya. With a plethora of shopping options, the Diani Beach Mall has one of the best collections of accessories, food courts, and electronics. If you are a visitor to Kenya, never miss the opportunity to visit Diani Beach for a sumptuous lunch.
9. TRM, Thika Road: The TRM shopping center in Thika is one of the most modern shopping centers today. With a collection of national and international brands, TRM is one of the busiest centers during the weekends. Come buy for your wedding or maybe for a movie, TRM will entertain you with all possible facilities.
10. West End Mall, Kisumu: If you are in Kisumu, don’t miss the opportunity to relax at the West End Mall. You will surely appreciate the huge collection of national and international brands or you can indulge in a great meal in the food court. You will be amazed to find the large number of artifacts, paintings, sculptures, books, and merchandise.
Kenya is a perfect combination of amazing wildlife, excellent hospitality, and modern accessories. It preserves both modernity and primitive tribal life with absolute perfection. Kenya and its prized assets, along with the hospitality and warmth of its people, are unforgettable. And when it comes to shopping, here are the best of shopping malls to quench your shopping spree.